Friday, May 22, 2009

Wow! I didn't realize it but a month has gone buy since I updated my blog. For all of you out there who follow me, I'm sorry, won't happen again. For both of you, I have a meager excuse, I've been going through finals at school and studying my proverbial ass off. Didn't do too badly, but that's another story, eh?
The big news is; It's Really Springtime Out There! You can tell by that green stuff covering the ground, I remember it being called something like grass? Lawn? Weeds? Who cares, it's Green! I know, it's been spring for awhile now but the garden is sprouting, the grass needs mowing, and best of all,,,,,,,,,,the herbs and mushrooms and other wild goodies are starting to show signs of buds and flowers. Yeah! Hopefully, I will have some exclusive pics of local herbs and edibles coming up real soon. It's just about time for wild strawberries! They are the first of the berry producing plants in the wild to have something for us, followed by currants, dwarf blueberries, huckleberries, serviceberries, blackcaps, thimbleberries, wild raspberries, gooseberries, and elderberries. Then there's wild(choke) cherries, wild plums, and wild apples. I'm sure there's others, I'll think it over.
Feel free to add any to my list. Just thought of another, hawes from the hawethorne tree, we've got lots around here and they have excellant medicinal properties. I'll get back to you real soon, promise, Happy Trails to you, Woodco

No comments:

Post a Comment